Old September 6th 04, 08:49 AM
Sharon Harper

I'm happy if you're happy - shoes off, shoes on - doesn't worry me. Unless
of course you've been tromping round the paddocks and have knee hi mud -
THEN you can go hose off before you come in! LOL

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"KJ" wrote in message
I've read that the natural oils on bare feet are just as bad (if not

worse)
for new carpets as the incidental dirt that comes off shoes. You can

vacuum
dirt but the oils stay in the carpets and on the hard flooring even

longer.
Ick!

"NanaV" wrote in message
I love to go barefoot or in just socks but in MY house. I don't like

being
barefoot at someone else's place and I always figure if I'm tromping

around
their house in just socks, I'll slip and drop/break/smash into

something.
have one friend who insists on guests taking shoes off (which I don't
understand because she has hardwood "barn" floors with multiple coats of
sealer on them) and keeps a big basket of slippers by the front door for

her
guests. Personally I'm not too wild about wearing someone else's

footwear
either (so I bring my own).

Nana

In article H3I_c.2110$Va5.1928@trnddc01,
Taria wrote:

I banned anything that has the fake red color dye from the house.
That stuff is terrible. Clear uncolored are the best.

I had to take my shoes off at a woman's house for a boy scout

meeting
once (just the adults). I was really mad. I never would have worn
dirty shoes on her floor and I was insulted that I wasn't at least
warned of house rules before I got there. I tend not to wear shoes
in the house but I was really insulted that day.
Taria