Old September 6th 04, 12:10 AM
Kate Dicey

NightMist wrote:

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 23:57:23 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

NightMist wrote:

-------------Gently mopped along with the tears...--------------

NightMist
not quite sure she got all the ice cream out of her ear

Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing, as James also did a great one today...

Thats OK, part of the reason Ash managed to soak my lap so thoroughly
while he was "cleaning" was I was laughing too hard to stop him.

We try hard not to laugh at such things because we don't want to
encourage him to be naughty. Sometimes though you just can't not
laugh no matter how hard you try. At least he was trying to do
something good while I was laughing myself to the point of
hyperventilation.

I was fixing lunch: just sandwiches and salad, but we though some
vinegrette dressing would be a nice addition. Put vinegar, oil, Dijon
mustard, salt, a little sugar, herbs in the shaker... Fixed the lid,
and James shook it nicely, over the sink. Then we tasted it, and it
needed a little adjusting, so we did that, popped the lid back on, and
he gave it another vigorous shake... Only he hadn't *QUITE* fixed the
lid, and sprayed himself with vinegrette - and a goodly part of the
kitchen! There he stood, dripping and licking vinegrette off hid face,
saying, 'Well, at least it TASTES good!'

Sounds like he can smile at himself. A good trait in anyone.

We mopped him, and the kitchen, and he changed his shirt...

It is a very good thing that God made people washable.

Now I need to get vinegrette dressing (a couple of tablespoonfuls!) out
of a poly shirt... Laundry spray, where are you...

Yes, I laughed, but I also told him about doing the same myself with a
pint of pancake batter, which went a LOT further! And at least I helped
to mop up, whereas his dear father had stood and laughed at me and the
re-decorated kitchen, and almost ended up murdered for not helping at all...

You know, those times when I have had a kitchen newly painted in
pancake batter it has almost always been because of a man.
There was the fellow who was attempting to show off how he could flip
a pancake by throwing it up in the air with the turner and the other
fellow who did the same thing by trying to throw it up in the air with
just the pan.
Then there was the fellow who tried showing me how to use a mixer and
pulled it up out of the bowl of batter while it was on high, and the
fellow who was going to show me how to mix batter in a plastic juice
pitcher and didn't hold the lid down whern he shook it.
The only time a woman ever splattered my kitchen with batter was the
time many moons ago when a particularly lovely redhead went to bed
angry, got up angry, started an argument and yanked away the bowl of
batter and threw it at me. While she was stunned at herself I put an
egg down her back, that settled her a bit and we both laughed about
it. She is the only one who helped clean the mess up, AND she took me
out for breakfast afterwards. (I cleaned her shirt, fair is fair)

NightMist

Hm... I threw a bowl at James the other week, but at least it was
empty! And it only broke because it hit the metal leg if the table.
Dear darling Alan made me mad at the wrong time of the month... You'd
think after 22 years married and 25 together that he's know by now just
how wise this is...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk