Old August 26th 04, 10:24 PM

I tend to think of it as about the same strength as plaster; not suitable
for a lot of unsupported detail, though it shows detail well. Haven't used
it in years but the last things I used it for were well-supported bas
relief pieces. There's one on my site; Sand Witch, on the Bare

Inspirations
page.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org

Thanks for the reply. That is along the lines of what I was thinking of
doing only maybe protruding a bit more. Are you aware of any other
oven-bake clays that are suitable? I have done a few searches and many seem
to recommend Sculpey in this category, that's what first set me to using it.
I thought of maybe an air-dry clay but I just will not be able to complete
the work in one sitting, or day for that matter.
Thanks again.