Old October 23rd 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Ethical question about quilt shows

Uppity Quilters Unite!!
PAT, a UQ in VA/USA

Polly Esther wrote:

While Sunny is being snitty, I'll just be uppity. (Ha. My mind zigzags off
here to the How the Fight Started and 'which one are you then?').
I simply can not imagine making a quilt where someone else chose the
fabric prints and colors and orchestrated the blending thereof. I can't
even take a cheater panel for a crib quilt and leave it alone; I always have
to make it mine.
Even out here in the Swamp where all they sell is barbed wire and hawg
feed, it would be impossible for me to accept what someone else put
together.
So. I reject the notion that a kit would be an unfair advantage. We
'uppity' quilters would think of it as a handicap.
Which one are you then? Polly