Old August 5th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bill DeWitt

Default Homemade propane nozzle?

wrote in message
ps.com...
it dawned on me Bill that you're thinking of a propane bottle torch,
like that used in brazing pipes, when potters think of propane torches
are those used for raku kilns or main kilns in general.

Yes, I'm sorry. Apparently my handy-man biased assumptions were
confusing. I've learned a little overnight, but really would like to see
wider sources of information.

intriguing idea of using those small torches in a small kiln! i bet
that can be made to work well for small items. hot hot do you fire? a
typical propane brazing torch might actually last in your size kiln.

I have made glass-like beads out of clay-like mud, but have no other
real indication of top temperatures acheived. My extreme noob status
concerning kilns cannot be overstated.