Old February 6th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default OT-Seed Cake was .... Time for another Roll Call?

Poppy seed muffins are good, with either almond or lemon flavor.

Julia in MN
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Dee in Oz wrote:
She may have done but for some reason I when Amy said that the seeds are put
'in' bread I was thinking alson the lines of caraway seed not poppy seed.
Poppy seed cake isn't common but as you saw it is available
Every year I get poppies coming up in the garden, considering the number of
seeds that I throw back in the garden maybe I should save them and make a
cake....lol

Dee in Oz
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/sear...e&publication=
poppy seeds perhaps, Dee.
those little teeny tiny black seeds. sometimes seen on top of breads,
muffins etc.
just did some googling and reading on this.
the seeds were used in ancient greece for athletes to boost their energy,
hmmmm.
seems the baking seeds do indeed come from the opium poppy.
other poppys seeds are toxic.
also you can apparently toss the seeds you buy at the supermarket
into the soil in autumn for flowers the following spring/summer.
what you do with all the seed pods harvested could be interesting.
in usa growing them is under strict control and illegal by private
citizens.
gee, i wonder why, lol. )
poppy seeds can have an effect on the results of tests done on athletes
after competition.
i dont have the details tho.
j.

"Dee in Oz" wrote...
Sorry Amy I have never seen it or heard of it.

Dee in Oz

"amy" wrote in message
i like seed cake too. it's from down under also.
we put the seeds in rye bread, but Ozzies put them in vanilla yellow
cake, sooo goood!!

amy in CNY