Old March 25th 11, 09:57 PM
Jules Jules is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zard View Post
Jules,
I am also interested in doing this on a old kiln I have with just a kiln setter. I was looking on ebay and found this: "Temperature Controller PID Kiln Ramp Soak 64-Setpoints" which along with this: "SSR25A SOLID STATE RELAY for PID Temperature Controller" might just do the trick. Together they go for around a $100. What do you think?
Zard
Hi Zard,
I looked into PID units but I personally wanted something
custom for myself. Try and google info on setting these up
or ask someone who has one already setup and running.

My Kiln is an old one that had a kiln sitter. The kiln draws
around 21.8 Amps, i'm using 3 x 80A SSRs mounted on
heatsinks with an old computer fan, so if one fails and locks-on
I always have a backup SSR to turn it all off.

Regards

Jules

ht**://www.tinypixels.co.uk/projects/kiln/index.htm

Last edited by Jules : April 12th 11 at 03:48 PM.