Old June 15th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

frood wrote:

Just remember, any woman who gives you a dirty look when your kids act up
either didn't have any herself, or can't remember that kids have meltdowns.

I try very hard to be sympathetic. Some exploration is expected. Some
enthusiasm is fine. I can understand a temper-tantrum too. But I expect
mom to be paying attention to the child at that point. It's not going to
go on for very long with mom right there and doing something about it...
compared to the tantrum all the way across the store, or the child
grabbing *my* things.

Curiosity about what I am doing is fine, and I usually respond
positively. But that's different than grabbing my shopping selections or
what I am reaching for.

It's hard to say where the line is between what I will give a dirty look
for or actually dare to interfere (which is much further along).

Parenting is a very hard job to do. I do try to compliment good parents
and good kids.

-georg