Old March 25th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - Anyone on here a piano tuner?

my best friend is learning how to tune piano's you need:
- perfect hearing
- a dedicated piano to learn tuning on - don't think you can get your good
piano tuned back to normal first time round!
- time - lots of it - you don't learn tuning in a few weeks time
- she found a tuner and he is teaching her hands on - at first it was rather
intensive then later on he has reduced it to popping in once every few
months to see how she is coming on

HTH

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Plus I think it is downright interesting. My "real" work is so ethereal
(software) this would be nice to do something hands on...

I was just wondering if anyone learned from a home study course and
what did they think...? Did they make a career out of it? Etc. I don't
imagine myself getting all crazy...but maybe a word of mouth business
kinda thing.

Melissa in NJ