Old March 11th 11, 01:56 PM
JennyL JennyL is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I replace sponge brake on Zippy 90 please ?

Hi, I am a new member and would really appreciate some help, as I am getting a bit exasperated now. I have an old Zippy 90 that just will not knit any more after being stored for about 5 years. I was advised to buy a new brake sponge needle retaining sponge, which I have finally tracked down! It uses the same sponge brake as the LK150 I have been informed and bought one from Andee Knits - ww.andeeknits.co.uk, I have also bought some new needles in case they are bent and an antistatic spray for the needlebed. So...I am all ready to go, but how do I fit it as it has no bar to insert it into ? I don't want to ruin it after all this effort, so please does anyone know how to fit it ? I understand that there is a vid in Youtube, but I can't find it :-(

I would be very grateful for some help. Regards, Jenny