Old July 24th 03, 11:09 PM
Shillelagh

"Make Up" wrote in message
om...
I was at my local Walmart and saw a yarn by Bernat called Lu Lu. (Its
a very plush/fluffy yarn.) I thought I'd like to make a baby blanket
out of it for my local chapter of Project Linus so I searched for some
patterns that use this yarn. I can't find patterns nor is this yarn
mentioned anywhere. (Not even on the Bernat site.)

Has anyone heard of this yarn before or is it new? (Am I going nuts
and only imagined this yarn exists???) I think Sirdar has a version
of this yarn but I don't know what they call it.

TIA

It's a copy of Snowflake by Sirdar, and Patons has a similar yarn out this
year called Pixie.

I've knit with the Snowflake (chunky weight) , and I think for a baby
blanket your best bet would be garter stitch. The yarn is so fluffy, you
wouldn't really be able to see any kind of a pattern. Another easy one
would be this:

Use 5.5 mm needles. Cast on 72 stitches
1st row: Knit
2nd row: Purl
continue with these two rows until work is 24" long or desired length,
ending on a wrong side (purl) row. Cast off LOOSELY.

I hope this helps and good luck!!

Shelagh