Old June 8th 04, 08:21 AM
Patti

Hullo Lia
Paper piecing this need not waste a lot of fabric:
when you draw/print out your pattern, make an extra one. Cut this into
the component bits. Use these as 'templates'. Place them on the fabric
and cut round them, eye-balling roughly half an inch round each. You
can then cut as many as you want, in whatever method you want. You
then have the right shaped pieces, so they are easy to place at the
correct angle, and so on. All you have to remember with this is that,
because it is a rectangle rather than a square, the pieces are not
completely interchangeable.
..
In article 0c9xc.1029$ar.521@attbi_s04, Julia Altshuler
writes
I'm thinking of Storm at Sea. Specifically, I'm thinking of the
diamond in a rectangle unit that goes into the storm at sea block. Is
there a clever easy way of piecing this? I've used templates, but
templates are a pain. I've paper pieced it, but that wastes a lot of
fabric, and I suspect there's an easier way, something that's
dopeslappingly obvious after someone points it out to you and accurate
to boot. I'm hoping maybe for a ruler made specifically for the unit
and instructions that go with it.

--Lia

--
Best Regards