Old May 29th 04, 04:23 PM
the black rose

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Seems odd that you are putting down your teachers as being biased while
you make several inflammatory remarks yourself.

It wasn't teachers, it was just the one teacher, and I'm stating what
she *did* and *said*. She readily admitted that she didn't expect much
of American students. And when I asked for an intensive Russian course,
her stated reason for refusing was that we couldn't handle it and we'd
fail the course.

BTW: having spent considerable time in NYS, I'd
like to point out the NY slang plural of you is "you guys!"

You're probably right, but I tend to say "you all" because I lived in
the South for 13 years, while I've only lived in NYS for 5 years. I
can't remember hearing "you guys" much where I live. Maybe "you guys"
is more common closer to the City? Or maybe I'm not really listening
for it; I'll have to keep an ear out for it now.

--
the black rose, wench with a wrench
proud to be owned by a yorkie