Old October 15th 05, 05:02 AM
Mika

I saw that portion of the show. I couldn't help but chuckle... oh wait!!!
No!! I laughed. Poor girl should have been paying attention in spelling
class or history class or even math class. Well, I didn't really laugh AT
the girl but at the sadness of it all. Granted she had to be pretty smart to
get on the show and I'm sure it was just a nervous error. But still. It just
shows the sad state of our education system. And I know there are some
teachers in this group and I am in no way blaming you. Education starts at
home. At least it should.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

"Carey N." wrote in message
And how about axed for asked?

Tonight on Jeopardy, one young contestant lost in the final round, for
misspelling Bejamin Franklin, because "the spelling affects the how it is
pronouced" per Alex Trebek. Too bad it cost her $10,000 to learn that
spelling counts!
--
Carey in MA

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
my pet peeves a
separate vs seperate...... eeeeeeek.
oh and to hear folks say ec cetera, not et cetera.
what do they think the etc means. : /
oh, oh and pacific for specific. omg.
bought for brought.
ok, i do write online 'tho' for though.
i'm just a bit lazy about that one.
i figure that one is an obvious abbreviation tho and really ought to be
correct.
dem for them is really irritating too or free for three.
maybe some of those are dialectic but boy they sure can be irritating.
not that i'm poifect, eh. )
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Mika" wrote...
snipped
One of my pet peeves though is when people misuse Then and Than. grrrrr.

Ok
off my soap box. lol.