Old July 23rd 05, 06:42 PM
Becky

Actually, since this is Hinterburg we are talking about, I would guess that
if it were an easy conversion from the Easy Build to a machine setup, they
would be selling the kit to do the conversion. Remember, they have already
provided an extremely (in my opinion) cost effective option to their
ready-built frames in the Easy Build. No reason to think they wouldn't take
that one step farther. This is, afterall, not a giant, mega coorporation,
but a family owned and operated company, whose customer service record, at
least in my experience, and that of others I have spoken with, is absolutely
impeccable.

Becky

"Jan" wrote in message
nk.net...
Did you really expect them to say yeah!! Don't buy another frame from
us.... lol

Jan

"Becky" bbkelher@remove spamaculink.net wrote in
:

Out of curiosity, I went to the Hinterburg site, and had a look at
their machine quilting system. The machine part of the set up is an
integral part of the entire unit. Still curious, I emailed them and
inquired about the feasibility of simply adding a banguet table with a
rolling platform to interact with the Easy Build Frame, and their
reply was they couldn't envision how this setup could be made to work,
and that any sort of attempted alteration along these lines would void
the warrenty on the Easy Build.

An easier solution to the occasional quilt you need to get done in a
hurry is to use one of the many "machne quilt as you go" methods. My
favorite is in Sharon Pederson's book, Reversible Quilts. Makes
quilts of virtualy any size a snap.

Becky

"Jan" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Becky" bbkelher@remove spamaculink.net wrote in
Actually, there are several that look identical to what I have and
simply have a table that supports a rolling platform and a normal
household machine, so put a banquet table there and a rolling
platform and you have some tweaking..... not that much of an
engineering feat..

Jan

:

Okay, up front, no, I haven't done this. But since you've had no
replies so far, I decided to throw in my two cents.

I rather suspect that this is not a feasible thing to accomlish.
The large hand quilting frames such as the "easy build", are
specifically engineered to do hand quilting. Their only "mission"
so to speak, is to hold the three layers of the quilt in place
while you quilt them. If you compare one to a picture of any of the
machine quilting frames, you'll see right off that there is a lot
more basic framing involved, because now you not only need to
support the quilt, you also have to provide a mechanism which will
not only support, but also allow a pretty much unlimited range of
motion, for your machine. Quite an engineering feat.

Becky

"Jan" wrote in message
k.net...
Inquiring minds (ok.. mind) wants to know... has anyone adapted
thier current hand quilting frame to occasionally machine quilt on
it when finished counts over enjoying the journey? Already have
the hinterberg easy build, just keep thinking you should be able
to adapt it to a machine occassionally when the need arises......

Jan