Old August 9th 03, 07:16 AM
Ann

Wow Sharon....sounds like a wonderful yard. Looking forward to your
pictures.

Just this evening DH and I were discussing replacing our deck. He's not a
DIYer so maybe hire it done for next year.

Just got back from outside. Was going through earlier posts and remembered
the "Mars being visible" thread. It's midnight here so I took my binoculars
outside. Had to sit on the street sidewalk for the best view. Had to make
sure there was no neighbour lights on..........don't want to be accused of
being Mrs. Peeping Tom. My QI and I enjoyed watching Mars. Can't wait
until it's at it's best viewing.

Ann

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Glad you're having a wonderful weekend. We too, down here, are enjoying
ourselves. After about 16 weekends of very hard work, DH and his
"apprentice" mate Darren, have completed "The Mega Decks". Our old back
porch was very wonky and was knocked down last year. Now I have a loverly
14 metre long by 4 metre wide two level timber deck. Surrounded by
beautiful rainbow Phlax, camellias, climbing roses down the back end (with

beautiful hand made by DH and Me trellis), and mondo grass, once we manage
to afford some bench seats we will be able to sit and relax amongst

nature.
I also have a new clothes line. Are they satisfied? NO! They are

starting
work on a garden hedge of lilli-pillis (a native aussie plant) across the
back fence and are talking of planting a jasmine climber to go over the
shed. They have done a fantastic job and deserve public acclaim! Photos
will be up on my website if anyone is interested in about 2 weeks. Any
other DIY people's have reports?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html