Old August 3rd 03, 03:21 AM
Lori Thornton

I was working on a Dimensions kit while on vacation and had to rip out
several stitches which was going to cause me to run short on one
color. I took the info and the rest of the thread to a LNS and
discovered that the kit uses Coats numbers. They just added one
number to them. We converted it to DMC numbers using the notebook the
LNS had, but the color was not a close enough match. I found that the
floss in the kit tends to knot much worse than DMC usually does. The
shop owner told me that she has customers who toss out all the kit
thread and purchase DMC. Does anyone else do this? It's too late for
this project, and I don't work on a lot of kits because I usually buy
leaflets, but I have thought about trying it in the future. (I ended
up emailing them for additional thread which the kit said they would
send if needed.)