Old November 16th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default OT v-e-r-y, to the piano players

I also have a very old, wonderful, lovely Steinway piano. I know EXACTLY
how you are feeling. I say good on you for wanting to get 'er tuned up.
And you are totally asking the right questions. I would do one of these two
things.

1. Make sure the tuner you use is a registered member of the piano
technician's quild.

2. Look up Steinway dealers and ask who they use for their Steinways. I
used a Steinway technician for years, and was so, so glad I did. No one
will take care of your Steinway like a Steinway technician.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
nothing sews like a Bernina
nothing play like a Steinway
grin