Old November 16th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default OT v-e-r-y, to the piano players

I would go first to the Steinway company representatives in the US.
They will probably have a list of tuners they can recommend in every
area. That's what I did with mine.
The cost might be more, but it is worth it.
Last time I had mine tuned the method used was exactly the same as with
my first piano when I was 5!
The last time for mine was 12 years ago - just before she was re-homed.
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
We have a very fine old piano. It's a Steinway. Certainly it would like to
be gently tuned. The E flat kind of makes my eye teeth cringe.
Since things change so fast I suspect that piano tuning has advanced to
levels beyond my comprehension.
How do I go about choosing a tuner? I don't want my precious treasure
harmed; won't even have her tuned if it would be stressful.
What do I ask or look for? Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill