Old November 24th 04, 05:59 PM
Cheryl

Tinkster wrote in message . ..
I've been offering gift certificates for sale (but only to those
who've asked) for the past year now. So far, it seems like a win/win
situation, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had a bad
experience, ....
How about your experience? Pros? Cons? Advice?

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

Tink -
I've offered them for years - -and only ever sold one.
Most people seem more content to purchase the beads they
like or believe the individual will like....

Even men - often email me and say "I want to buy beads -- what do you
recommend?" When I offer a gift certificate - they decline - and say
they prefer the beads...
I think part of it is not having the person knowing exactly how much
the gift was worth in dollars...
and the "impersonal" nature of a gift certificate...
which says to many "I wasn't able to select a gift for you"

Generally -- when they don't know - I ask about the person's favorite
colors, hobbies, interests, style -- and try to help the buyer slect
things from my stock that I believe they will like.
kind of a "personal shopper"- LOL
so far, I appear to have done well... the buyers have always indicated
the recipient loved their beads....

I have the gift certificates -- but they sit unused in my office
drawer....

Cheryl