Old April 24th 05, 04:44 PM
Judie in Penfield NY

This is one of the items from the terms of use regarding gmail accounts.

# Advertisements. As consideration for using the Service, you agree and
understand that Google will display ads and other information adjacent to
and related to the content of your email. Gmail serves relevant ads using a
completely automated process that enables Google to effectively target
dynamically changing content, such as email. No human will read the content
of your email in order to target such advertisements or other information
without your consent, and no email content or other personally identifiable
information will be provided to advertisers as part of the Service.

I have no problem with the ads, I rarely even notice them, especially since
I can have my gmail forwarded to a different email account.

Judie in Penfield NY

"ALZ" wrote in message
I signed onto my gmail account and received some mail from an
embroidery group when I noticed that there were embroidery ads to to
right.

I then sent myself an email from a different account relating to
quilting and sure enough, there were quilting ads to the right!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY