Old November 9th 03, 11:16 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article eHwrb.114809$ao4.347205@attbi_s51,
"Denise Worden" wrote:

I could use some opinions please. Have done much agonizing between between
Bernina, Pfaff, and Viking TOL machines to do piecing, machine quilting and
embroidery. The Bernina is just so expensive. The Pfaff appears to have
too many problems. The Viking embroidery seems to have issues with software
and quality. Finally came to somewhat of a different decision. Have
decided to get a Brother 1500 for the machine quilting. For the piecing and
embroidery, it's a Brother ULT 2003D or a Janome 10000/10001. For those of
you who use either the Brother or Janome machines for your quilting, please
share the pros and cons. Thank you.

I have the Brother 1500. I love it for quilting and I often use it for
piecing as well. Sews a beautiful stitch and comes with a 1/4" foot.

My mom has an older Janome (the 6000 I think) that does embroidery and
such and really loves it. I have a Janome too and like it but it's a
much simpler model - mechanical, not too many stitches. Good machines
at a reasonable price.

marcella