Old November 16th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT v-e-r-y, to the piano players

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 23:32:15 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

We have a very fine old piano. It's a Steinway. Certainly it would like to
be gently tuned. The E flat kind of makes my eye teeth cringe.
Since things change so fast I suspect that piano tuning has advanced to
levels beyond my comprehension.
How do I go about choosing a tuner? I don't want my precious treasure
harmed; won't even have her tuned if it would be stressful.
What do I ask or look for? Polly

Call a couple of local churches and the local school music teacher and
ask who they use. You generally want references for your piano tuner
just like you do your doctor.

So far as I know the only advances that have been made are that some
few Tuners use electronic tuners now instead of matching by ear to a
tuning fork.

NightMist

--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.