Old September 14th 03, 06:23 PM
Jenn Liace

Default Conversion assistance?

Yesterday I purchased a pattern called Needlepoint Rainbow Sampler,
simply because I like the vibrant colors and the different stitches
used. What I didn't notice at the time, though, was the variety of
threads that the pattern calls for. Eeek! Major shopping and storage
required if I don't convert!

Question #1: Paternayan wool is one of the main threads used. I
found a list of color conversions to DMC for all but one color - 958.
None of the 4 different sites I went to had this color listed at all.
It's marked as "orange" on the pattern, but it is overlaid with
another color of DMC in a rice stitch so it's hard to tell from the
color cover what shade of orange it might be. Is 958 a misprint, a
discontinued color (this pattern is over 20 years old) or is there
maybe just no similar conversion to any other brand?

Question #2: The sections using Paternayan use 3 strands each. If I
substitute to DMC floss, how much would I use?

Question #3: There are a couple sections that use DMC #3 perle
cotton. Can I substitute with a different gauge of perle cotton or
with floss and simply use more strands?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can share!!

Jenn L.
View My Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)