Old July 29th 03, 10:24 PM
robojo

Nice source, looks like the right stuff.... Thanks.

"Michele Blank" wrote in message ...
you're better off going to lapidary suppliers like kingsley north or
similar. You can get an inexpensive(700$) set-up that's used to facet /cab
stones and can grind, then by reducing grit size down to a slurry of cerium
oxide, polish your surfaces. m

"robojo" wrote in message
om...
I have a couple hundred glass prisms (right triangular: ~1.5"x2"x6")
that need to be cleaned and polished. The wide side has a mirror
coating that needs to be removed. Most just need polishing but some
need some grinding first. The local glass beveling shops are not
interested so I might have to do it myself. What would be the right
equipment to touch up that large a flat surface? The horizontal
grinders look nice, but I hate to spend over $1k and then still have
to do it myself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian