Old May 14th 04, 05:05 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Starch is commonly used as a resist in dyeing, so I'm with you. Starch may
interfere with the ink. (i.e.. the ink adheres to the starch, but the starch
washes away and carries the ink with it.)

Putting freezer paper on the back of the fabric or putting the fabric onto a
fine piece of sandpaper works for me.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

wrote in message
.net...
I would think that the starch may get in the way of the ink contacting
the fabric. When my work shirts are nicely starched they don't absorb
stains as easily.

Not sure if I am right. This is just me thinking out loud

Julie
Richmond, VA

said...
I'm not able to write very well on the fabric. What am I doing

wrong?

Have you tried heavily starching the label before you write? I'm not

sure it
would work but it would seem to improve the surface for writing. Just a
thought.

Morag Anne in Detroit