Old May 14th 04, 04:21 PM
Debra

On Thu, 13 May 2004 20:28:12 -0400, wrote:

I bought the Micron 005 pens to do my first quilt label. It's so fine that
I'm not able to write very well on the fabric. What am I doing wrong?

Also I tried different practice inks on fabrics, ironed them in and later
washed them to see which ones would wash out and they all did!. Again, what
am I doing wrong.

Thnx for your help.

Barb C.

I have been practicing with the same pen size. I have found that I
need to write more like I am using a calligraphy nib pen rather than
like I am using a ball point pen. Going slowly and pulling the pen in
the same direction as the pen is leaning towards seems to get me
better results. Trying to push the pen over the fabric doesn't work
because the fabric isn't smooth like paper is, so the pen nib hangs on
the individual threads in the fabric.

Other things I'm noticing:
The smoother the fabric is, the easier it is to write on. A rough
fabric is harder to get good results with.

The pen writes a different size line than I thought it would, and it's
not a very smooth line. I think that has more to do with the fabric
than the actual pen. Smooth, even lines happen on smooth paper, not
fabric.

If I let the fabric sit overnight the writing seems to look better.
This may be only because I am a little less critical when I look at it
the day after, than I was when I was writing.
Debra in VA