Old February 12th 04, 02:37 PM
Charlotte Hippen

Thanks Roberta. I hadn't thought of the wear issue. I'll have to put it
somewhere that the wear n tear won't be as high on it like as a large WH or
as a quilt on the guest bed. I don't want all that stitching I put so much
time into to wear off right away so to speak. Thanks for letting me know
that it will inevitably happen. At least then I can be prepared for when it
does.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
I've done quite a few of these and they all turned out well. Try to find
some thin cotton batiste to use as backing instead of the regular muslin.
Wash first, it shrinks sometimes. If you can bear to wash your embroidery
pieces, do so. (Most of mine started with flea market finds. Tossed them

all
in the machine for a good scrub, and only ever had 1 piece run.) It's nice
to know a quilt can be washed if necessary.

You know best what sort of design would best suit your pieces. If you want
something bigger to quilt than sashing, you can piece some complementary
blocks to alternate with your X-stitch squares.

You can machine quilt with invisible thread on the embroidery bits, if you
want. I like to outline the focus motifs and stipple the background. Go
ahead and use some other kind of thread on the rest of the quilt, if you
prefer.

Remember that the embroidery will probably wear more quickly than the rest
of the piece, because the thread lies on top of the fabric.
Roberta in D