Old March 30th 04, 09:39 PM
William Morris

A piece of tape on the machine case to the right of the blade where you can
mark 5/8" would show you where to let the edge of your fabric ride.

- Wm

--
William Morris
Semster, Seamlyne reProductions

"Ann Pillman" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I just acquired a serger... and I'm not sure how to get the correct seam
allowence (5/8") when sewing garments. What I've been doing for the
current project is to sew the actual 5/8" seam on my regular sewing
machine and then finish the seam with the serger. Is that what everyone
else does?? (this seems "overkill" to me, that's why you have the
serger, so you don't HAVE to sew a seam twice...)

I've sewed some scraps on my serger trying to figure out exactly where
the seam is going to be but it seems as though I have to just eye-ball
the 5/8"...

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks!
--Ann