Old October 30th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default machine needles for quilting

I don't use universal needles for anything, Taria. I need all the help
I can get! and a sharp needle is a big help. Nowadays, I use microtex
(sometimes), but most I use jeans needles (except for the odd
metallica). For machine quilting - which needs the most help! - I find a
new jeans needle serves me best. I use 11's or 10's for both piecing
and quilting. Mind you, I do go pretty slowly!
Do hope all goes well with the house.
..
In message 41d1h.14973$DH5.3095@trnddc04, Taria
writes
I am trying to remember the link for the good prices on Schmetz machine
needles. Anyone have it handy?

While we are talking needles what do you use for machine quilting
and why? Type and size. Do you use different ones for poly and
cotton?

I have a couple of boxes of universal 80's that I use as much as I can
but they are not always great for free motion work.

We are in the last week of escrow if everything falls into place.
Thursday the big move day. Please cross your fingers and muster up
any good thoughts and prayers that things go smoothly.
I just might unearth a machine soon!
TIA,
Taria

--