Old October 30th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Default machine needles for quilting

Taria wrote:

I am trying to remember the link for the good prices on Schmetz machine
needles. Anyone have it handy?

No, sorry! I get mine in bulk from a local shop.

While we are talking needles what do you use for machine quilting
and why? Type and size. Do you use different ones for poly and
cotton?

Either quilting or Jeans needles, usually. I always have some to hand.
For quilting I use 80's, but I keep some 90's handy for tougher
projects like curtain making.

I have a couple of boxes of universal 80's that I use as much as I can
but they are not always great for free motion work.

Save them for piecing.

We are in the last week of escrow if everything falls into place.
Thursday the big move day. Please cross your fingers and muster up
any good thoughts and prayers that things go smoothly.
I just might unearth a machine soon!
TIA,
Taria

Fingers are crossed!