Old September 29th 03, 04:37 PM
Pat in Virginia

Wow ... all that pirate talk last week has resulted in at least
one quilter finding some 'buried treasure'! WTG Larisa.
Now, what is this Floral Flamingo? Is this named for the bird or
the dance? Is the dance spelled with an 'e' or an 'i'? Finally,
where did you get the pattern? TIA.
PAT in VA/USA

CNYstitcher wrote:

Well, I have figured out how large I need to make the squares in order
to get the correct size hst needed. This is for the resized block that
i am using for Floral Flamingo. I have 32 different FQs that I bought
specifically for this quilt and have cut 1 strip from each as a start.
I just did the math, and I need 48 hsts for each center block.....right
now, that means I need a total of 1344 (1) hsts....672-2.5" squares!!
Well, at least I'm making progress with this thing, right??

Now, I finally got the "old" quilt out of the bluebird-in-raincoat
fabric (this was the quilt that my grandmother made for me when I was a
baby). I talked with Dad last night and was telling him about it....if
it is the same quilt, he knows a bit about its history. Here is the
story he told me:

If it is the quilt he thinks it is, my great-grandmother and her sister
made it - all by hand! ...cut...