Old January 30th 09, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default geometric pattern generator for old Macs

While looking for something else entirely, I came across the "Kali"
tiling pattern generator for Classic MacOS. It creates patterns
based on the 17 different plane symmetry groups. Within about five
minutes of initial tinkering with it I came up with this:

http://www.campin.me.uk/Pix/KaliHex.gif

which looks like it ought to have potential as a quilt design,
albeit not that easy to machine-piece.

I couldn't get Kali to run on the Classic environment on MacOS X.

The software (along with other things that run on other and more
modern operating systems) is at

http://www.geometrygames.org

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====