Old February 3rd 04, 11:45 PM
Cher

You go careful or it may end up as a lapel pin.......lol.

cheers.....cher

Slinky wrote in message
So the sweater grew substantially during month of (near-)daily wear
since I finished it. 'Twas looking grubby, too, so I decided to wash
it today; this is possibly a mistake, as I'll be wearing it at the
retreat this weekend and it will undoubtedly become grubby again, but
anyhow.

Since the thing IS a bit on the large side and grew so much in wear I
decided to give it a bit of stirring up while I washed it. So I
filled the washer with hot water, squirted in some of the cheap
shampoo I love to scour FOs with, and hit the "go" button on the
washer.

5 minutes pass with no appreciable change in the character of the
fabric. 8 minutes and I can see a bit of happy-making fullness coming
into the stockinette on the sleeves. 10 minutes and *POOF* the cables
down the front were standing at attention.

I spun that puppy out and now have it on a rinse soak. It doesn't
look any smaller, but it does look as if it'll hang together better.
Next time I wash it I will probably give it just a little more
agitation.

---