Old January 3rd 04, 04:32 AM
Jenn Liace

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:58:35 GMT, Brenda Lewis
wrote:

Having a planned stitch night or such can pay off, but a
general expansion of hours often does not.

Agreed, but maybe a more frequent shifting of hours is something that
they should at least give serious consideration to. I have one LNS
that is a few blocks away from a nearby train station and is open
until 6 pm one night a week. If I can get out of my office a bit
before 5:00 and catch the 5:30 express, I can get to that store before
closing time on that day, then get back on the next train to finish my
ride home. That's a big if. And this same store is only open until
4:00 on Saturdays. It's possible that they have a monthly open stitch
night that i'm not aware of (as they stil have not been able to get me
on their newsletter mailing list after 6 months...). If they were to
stay open later, even if only till 7 pm that one night, I could shop
there more often. Imagine how much more business they could pick up
by staying open until 8... or until 7 two or three nights a week....

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)