Old April 5th 05, 12:49 PM
Beadbimbo

What a shame! I have to admit, I rarely look at WC anymore unless someone
wants me to see something there and e-mails me a link. I just don't have
time to go through it all.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
I have recently found out that Wetcanvas is actively censoring certain
links (to other forums) out of private messages between users... and this
really upsets me. I personally have made furthering accurate information
about lampworking one of my core values, and it breaks my heart to see a
popular company that actively seeks to "protect" its customers from other
sources of information. WC is now a for-profit company, and profit has for
some time gradually been rising over the sharing of information as their
primary goal.

I can't talk about this freely on WC, so I am talking about it freely
here, since I don't run the risk of censorship and this is a completely
uninvolved place. I'm really, really upset about this; although I had some
time ago made the decision not to post any tutorials to WC (I am not
giving a profit-seeking company my hard work for free) and have been
wavering on the decision of whether to advertise with them. Well, that
decision is made; my dollars go elsewhere. I spend over $2000/yr on
advertising and not a penny of it will go to them... meanwhile, I WILL be
contributing, financially and otherwise, to not-for-profit forums like
www.Artglassforum.com and www.ISGB.org, not to mention putting my body and
voice in places where I think I can make a difference, like here.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com