Old February 26th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Still OT Words was OT:Bad English teachers

Hhmmmm! I hadn't encountered the spoken word before so I
would have assumed that either "ph" or "th" were silent.

Thanks for my learning exercise of the day lol

Maybe you could help me out with a word I haven't found
(mind you, probably not looking all that hard either!). I
was wearing a tee shirt with "ailurophile" on the front (cat
lover) and someone asked me what the correct term was for a
dog lover. I couldn't remember. Don't suppose you would
happen to know, would you? TIA
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote
in message
: So put me out of my misery
: How do you pronounce ""?
:
: Phonetically!
:
: The only thing not obvious in the spelling is that the
first
: "i" is a long "ee" sound. So it's just "thesis" with an
"f"
: sound in front.
:
: English spelling is a lot more regular than most folks
think.
:
: Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland
: http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free
| fax 0870 0554 975
: stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts