Old February 25th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default OT Grammar Book New Log Cabin Quilt

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

This is NOT addressed to Kathy A. It is a general
posting. Ta!

Yes, incorrect pronunciation is a tad annoying.
I would like to point out that sometimes it is due to
hearing impairment. IOW, let's not be too quick to
judge! I often mispronounce words and get odd looks,
but that is because I cannot always HEAR the word as
others do. So, if you happen to be presenting a class
or workshop and the moderator mispronounces a word in
her introduction, kindly do not shout out the correct
pronunciation. She may be hearing impaired, and/or she
may be unfamiliar with the word. You can just use the
proper form in your presentation. This would save the
moderator public embarrassment and hurt feelings.
Thank you. PAT

You make an excellent point, Pat. But, my goodness, I can't imagine
publicly correcting someone in mid-presentation! How very rude. I'm sure
it's happened, but why can't people imagine how embarrassed and hurt
they would feel if someone did something of the sort to them? There's
this little thing called the Golden Rule....

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)