Old January 13th 04, 09:58 PM
dawn

Hi Xtine, (how is that pronounced?) That technique sounds very interesting.
I might have an application in my own work for that. I've never heard of
Jones Tones foil though. Is it like a gold leaf equivalant? Also when you
say to burnish with the sharp side of your blade I can't quite picture that
in my mind. I always think of burnishing using a rounded smooth object.
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"xtine" wrote in message
Dear poly friends,

I developped a new technique to tranfer Jones Tones foil to inked clay!
First you photocopy a nice picture with a toner base ink , then you apply
the copy face down on your clay. You burnish slightly and you apply

acetone
( in your hardware store) with a Q-tip. The transfer on clay is instant.
Then you place the piece of Jones Tones foil nice side up, you burnish one
or two time each side with the sharp side of your slicing blade . Then you
rip off the foil and Voilà!!!! the metallic part has transfered only to

the
inked part! :-)
I wrote an article on the subject in the december issue of Jewelery

craft
magazine (page48)
As written in the article you can also transfer the image with
Trichloroethylene (TCE) but acetone is less noxious and more widely
avalaible in the US
An another article is ready to be published in polymer café magazine.

Have fun with that new technique !

Xtine Alibert ( from France, excuse my bad english...)