Old August 3rd 03, 08:54 PM
mike

Default elasitc (spandex) in socks too tight

Many of the men's socks I buy have such tight elastic that it causes
serious damage to my legs. I presume these are no longer made with
old fashioned elastic but with spandex as all the new things are. Does
anyone know a way to permanently stretch the ribbed part with the
spandex so that it will fit looser and not leave permanent
indentations on my legs which drive me crazy with itching once the
blood starts flowing back into the indentations when I take off the
socks? The only alternative I have is to throw away all the socks that
have the too tight ribbing and buy the $4 to $5 a pair kind which are
made better.
If you can help me please post to the group but let me know also so I
ermember to check the postings.

Mike