Old May 30th 11, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default A question a fusible bonding

On 29/05/2011 12:49, Craftymum wrote:
Hey all,

What would you do in my situation?

I am working on a childrens item that will need to stand up to alot of
wear and tear. I am applique'ing 100% cotton onto minky (100% poleyster)
the minky cannot be ironed. Do you think quilting spray is fine or do
you still recommend some sort of visoflex?

please help.

Thank you

There is a cooler iron low melt point Bondaweb Wunder-Under product that
might suit if you really want it, but I would say that if you use a
spray base, stitch the pieces down really well round the edges, and use
some pattern of quilting across the pieces as well, it should be fine
for many washes.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!