Old March 25th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass,sci.chem
[email protected]

Default making laminated glass tubes

On Mar 24, 11:32*am, Bernhard Kuemel wrote:
I want to earn money, not pay. And the insurance probably would try not
to pay if they could blame me. Also I want to avoid accidents.

Sounds like you need to do some experiments. The pressure above liquid
CO2 at room temp is about 850 psi, so if you had a tank of air or
nitrogen at 2000 psi, you can pressurize the tubes until they explode,
or don't.

If they can take 2000 psi, good, but then you'll have to test for
shock resistance, if only to cause the glass to fracture. This will
test the ability of the PC shell to hold in the explosion.

Finally, you have to get some information from the PC maker on long
term performance of their products. Atlas Material Testing Co, of
Chicago, IL, may be able to point you in the right direction. That's
what they do for a living.

Dangerous Bill