Old October 8th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jim[_2_]

Default Stained Glass Books

"Michael" wrote in message
ps.com...
Jim asked:

Mind if I ask who you use?

**************
Not at all! I've made two online glass buys now, both from
GlassCrafters. I'm not a big fan of 12"x12" pieces. They are too
small. I made an 11" x 18" Victorian floral recently that has several
pieces longer than 12", so it doesn't take a big window to make 12x12
pieces too small. Some online glass stores sell nothing any bigger
than 12x12, but GlassCrafter's large sheets come in either 16x24 or
sometimes as small 16x18, but both those sizes will generally
accomodate the windows I am making.

They have a flat-rate $10 boxing fee for the large size. The box for
the large sheets will hold 12 pieces. I always try to order 12 so
that I'm spreading the boxing fee out the most. GlassCrafters also
seems to always be having some kind of across-the-board special. My
first order was free shipping. My second order was 10% off. My first
order arrived with zero broken pieces. My second one had the outside
sheet broke into two pieces. It didn't bother me much. Totally
useable.

Please bear in mind that I am a newbie and have only bought online
from GlassCrafters, so there's no reason to think that there aren't
better places out there. Another reason I like GlassCrafters is that
they have a hardcopy catalog. I get tired of browsing online, and I
can make notes and dogtag pages and circle items in the catalog. I
can also call in an order and ask them questions while I'm ordering.
They are very patient and happy to help.

Good luck, Michael

I use these folks http://warner-criv.com/
but they are online and my new home has sloooooooow dialup. How do I contact
GlassCrafters? I'd love to have a hardcopy catalog!
Jim