Old February 23rd 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default OT Grammar Book New Log Cabin Quilt

In article ,
"Jessamy" wrote:

akkk! I am busy teaching my kids about *an* which is more complicated as
most of the English they know I taught them in the first place and they
speak Dutch at school. one would expect people to do better especially
teachers however all the things I have read in this thread have made me
cringe. I did once correct my English teacher when he said something wrong
and then said: "that's right isn't it jessamy" I told the truth and said no
and ended up with an angry teacher so I walked out of the class and headed
to the principals office , complained and refused to take anymore English
lessons telling him that my English was miles better than the teachers
despite me being dyslexic. 6 weeks of no English later the teacher came and
apologised to me in public :-D and he never asked me if he was right again
HAHAHA

Good for you, Jessamy! My elder DD once had a middle school English
teacher (by no stretch of the imagination was he either an English
teacher or any kind of teacher) who gave a test and graded it
incorrectly. When DD brought it home, I just about had apoplexy (isn't
that a wonderful word? G) and corrected his corrections, explaining in
writing why his corrections were wrong. DD took the test back to school,
as required, and the teacher was so "threatened" that he never again
sent any papers home. Needless to say, I complained to the
administration. This was a teacher who had been bounced around from one
school to another because of his incompetence, but no one could fire
him. The children paid the penalty, sadly.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)