Old February 23rd 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Off Topic OT: The Congenitally Grammar-Picky

Howdy!

BobDole syndrome: Mr.Dole is a U.S. politician with a habit of speaking
of himself in the 3rd person.
Reporter: "Mr.Dole, do you have a plan for dealing with the lack of health
care for children?"
Mr.Dole: "Bob Dole has a plan. Bob Dole wants to count those children
and find out how many don't have insurance. That's what Bob Dole will do."
g Might me a hangover from Mr.Nixon who used a similar technique:
"You won't have Richard Nixon to kick around any more."

Megan: "just for the sin of owning something" -- thank you! ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy http://www.museum.state.il.us/muslink/art/htmls/ks.html

On 2/23/07 4:16 AM, in article ,
"Sally Swindells" wrote:

Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

"I could care less" which is wrong-wrong-wrong.
The expression is "I care so little I couldn't possibly care less!"
or "I couldn't care less!" ;-P

Or 'myself' instead of 'me'. Perhaps people are so full of their own
importance that they choose a more important sounding name!

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)