Old January 14th 10, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default What's your favorite?

There was the perfect batik/ hand dye background, a sort of cream with
lots of texture and depth. Never had much of it, because it was part
of somebody's scrap collection when it arrived in my stash. Tried to
buy it again, and the piece was too gray. Another piece was too
yellow. The perfect piece seems to be gone ! Wah!
I also love all Fossil Ferns and Moda Marbles, and fortunately there
are plenty of those.
Roberta in D

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:59:31 -0800 (PST), Sunny
wrote:

I pulled out one of my 'standbys' the other day to snip a piece for a
little swap wallhanging I'm making and was pleased to see that I still
have a lot of that particular piece of fabric. In my stash I have
several pieces like that -- bought several years ago (most of them at
estate sales) and now so out of production it's not even funny. In
particular I have several that are so good I eke out little bits in
various projects, trying to make it the yardage last as long as
possible. One piece is perfect for tree trunks. Another is just
perfect for greenery and still others are just really good worked into
a background or added as one piece of a block. When I use up one of my
favorites, it really makes me sad. For instance, I just ran out of my
favorite batik that I use for flames or feathers or autumn leaves.
Nothing else is quite as perfect, in my eyes.

So here's the question: do you have favorites in your stash, valuable
pieces of yardage that you snip here and there, adding to projects in
little pieces and making the original yardage last as long as
possible? Oddly enough, when I got out the three pieces I really have
put into almost every project I have done, all three were made by
Samash & Sons fabric company, and all three from the late 1990s.
(Obviously these were from estate sales and somebody had great
taste.)

Pitch in, I want to hear all about your favorite pieces of fabric.

Sunny