Old January 20th 08, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Has anyone any comments on the 'Square in a square' method?

Welcome Russ.
I think Polly was right - with such a large group someone is sure to
have made the mistake you are just about to make gg So, ask first! I
mean, you could even ask if anyone had found any pitfalls with such and
such a pattern? Or, would that spoil all the fun?!
..
In message , Russell D.
Miller writes
I'm a neophyte quilter (4 baby quilts under my belt, making new
mistakes, er, make that 'learning more with each one').

I recently saw a web video of a person using what she called the
'Square in a square method' to make half-triangle squares and flying
geese. It looked very easy, but a bit wasteful of fabric.

Has anyone seen this before, have any comments, etc? I don't want to
spring for a book or two and a special ruler if it is not worthwhile.

Thanks everyone....

Russ

--
Best Regards