Old January 21st 04, 10:44 PM
Valkyrie

"Jenn Ridley" wrote in message
Kate Dicey wrote:
No need to sew it! just arm yourself with a couple of ironing board
felts, some plain cotton calico/muslin, and a staple gun! Place the
calico on the floor, place the felt on top, and the ironing board on top
of that - upside down. Now cut the felt close to the board, and the
calico about 4" out. Fold the calico over and staple to the under side
of the board, pulling taut all round the edges. Make sure the staples
are fully into the board.

You can't _do_ that with most new ironing boards. They're metal.

jenn

Right Jenn, I have a metal board and the staples don't work well I did
what Kate did up till the staple part. I laid the board upside down on a
length of heavy cotton duck cloth and then traced around it about 6 inches
out from the sides. I then did a double turned 1 inch seam and pinned it,
sewed it around and then hammered grommets around about 4 inches apart,
directly opposite down each side in the double seams. Then I put it on the
board and laced it up tight with cotton grosgrain ribbon stuff. Worked
great, nice and snug and you can take it off to wash it if you need to.

Val