Old October 3rd 10, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:25:58 -0500, IMS wrote
(in article ):

Last night I was cutting strips of Christmas fabrics to make table
runner gifts. Let me say that I consider myself a Very careful
cutter, I always know where my hands are, where the blade is, and go
slow. But last night I was tired and had my left pinkie just a tad
over the edge of the ruler. I won't go into the gory details but
after a trip to the emergency room, a tetunus shot, and prescriptions
for pain meds and antibiotics, I am home safe and sound, abit with one
very sore and well bandaged pinkie. DH said he never realized quilting
could be so dangerous. Neither did I, but I learned my lesson and
will no longer handle the rotary cutter after 11pm!

-Irene

((HUGS)).

Boy, have I been there. Only it was my index finger. And I was in a hurry.
And I had a dull blade.

Take good care of the finger and use those pain meds!

Maureen