Old September 4th 03, 11:14 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Somewhere along the line, Dad had a second wife (who was, we hope, not
related to anyone in this story).

My mother. She deserved better.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp
"Teresa in Colorado" wrote in message
nk.net...
It's actually quite clear -
The first wife of Dad had been married before to a man who already had a
daughter ("first wife's first husband")
This daughter was a step daughter to the first wife while she was married

the first husband.

This daughter was not a step daughter any more after her father (the first
husband) was out of the picture. First wife lost a husband and a
step-daughter.

The first wife eventually married Dad, but daughter was not related to

first
wife any more, so she wasn't related to Dad.

Somewhere along the line, Dad had a second wife (who was, we hope, not
related to anyone in this story).

This daughter eventually became the 3rd wife.

This reminds me of a recent sports article about local high school

football
players who, the article said, were 5th cousins. An analysis of the

article
revealed that they were 2nd cousins once removed.

--
Teresa in Colorado

--

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
I was going to ask that as well....I mean, is dad's 3rd wife, the
daughter of his first wife? Or is dad's 3rd wife, the stepdaughter of
his first wife? If she is the stepdaughter, there are no blood ties,
but if his first wife gave birth to his 3rd wife, then there are
problems....he married his stepdaughter, although again, there are no
blood ties

taria wrote:

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Ruth in Happy Camp wrote:

Me, too, Donna. I thought I was confusing when trying to explain how

my
dad's 3d wife was the daughter of his first wife's first husband.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp